Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kritsa: Sue and Cassie Sleep

We have seemed to have got into a pattern of a 3 hour sleep in the afternoon. Cassi and Sue are sleeping right now and I am sitting in a Taverna typing this post. We went shopping this morning and Sue bought half the village. kritsa is famous for its hannd woven table cloths and we bought a few for home.

The village knows that there is a Papadoulis in town as when I sat down the man asked if I was the Papadoulis from Australia. News spreads here faster than the internet. Speaking of interent I have a faint signal so hopefully I will be able to send this post.

I had my little emotional moment just a little while ago. Just thinking that my grandfather walked these streets and how well the Papadoulis are known in the village. Although tourist are here they only come for day trips. There is no major hotel here so it is not yet spoilt. I think the tour buses come here because it is the last true Creten village. Hopefully Sue will write up a post when she wakes up.

Keep the comments coming we love reading them and it makes the effort of getting on line and up loading photos worth while.

Leah and Les we got to buy a house here!!.....Although apprently there is a block of land that belonged to Bapou which no one has claimed. I will do the research.

Les and Matt the Raki here is sensational.....I will bring some home !!!!!! The mix it with honey and some herbs...mmmmmmmmmmm

Got to go

Love to all

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Sue,
Enjoy your naps! I've been longing for an afternoon nap since Reilly was born!
You just cant beat the sleep you have after a big, yummy lunch can you?! How civil, that some cultures realised this and developed the idea of an afternoon siesta!
Do you think the Aussies might some day catch on?
Love ya, Karen