Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Change of Plans

Yasoo!
We have decided that we will not be going to Kastelorizo. It requires another 4 flights in a short space of time before then tackling the long haul flight to Perth. It seems to take us a couple of days to recover from flying and Cassie isn't a big fan of long days of travel which makes things difficult. Both Sue and I are not feeling 100% after recovering from colds so we thought we would stay the rest of our trip in Crete and enjoy some relaxation. I want to do some more research for the family tree, and there are so many beautiful villages to explore here (as well as the pool!). Yes, it is a shame, but we were a bit ambitious to try to see so much in three weeks. Next time we'll go direct to Kastelorizo and stay a few weeks there.

We have hired a car and this afternoon we are going to Ayious Nicholas which is where my grandfather is from.

Last night we had a wonderful dinner with Yanni and Maria in a traditional taverna - so much yummy food!

Manny Sue and Cassiana

1 comment:

desi said...

qjtyzsHi guys it's all good reading. I see you are eating rabbit. I'll have to cook you my saute rabbit in red wine. We had it for lunch on Sunday. Yummmy. I haven't roasted on yet. When I get my next lot I'll try roasting them in the weber.
Good idea to relax and enjoy where you are, now you'll feel like you've had a holiday when you get back to Perth.